IAR is pleased to announce that MAAPPS alumna and UBC PhD (political science) alumna Pascale Massot was just appointed as Senior Adviser to Minister of Trade Francois-Philippe Champagne. In that capacity, Pascale will support the Minister in advancing Canada’s new trade relationships in the post-TPP world.
- Information on the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of International Trade
- Minister of International Trade Mandate Letter
The mandate letter includes:
- Implement and expand Canada’s Free Trade Agreements globally. This includes:
- advancing Canada’s progressive trade agenda in order to create jobs for the middle class and those working hard to join it;
- modernizing agreements with Israel and Chile; and
- promoting trade and investment with emerging markets including China and India. This strategy would include the mobilization of our small- and medium-sized enterprises and the rich diversity of Canada’s population.
- Promote Canadian agricultural interests during trade negotiations.
- Promote trade and investment with established markets such as Japan.